Have you ever heard of the whole30 diet? What about its benefits and downsides? Are you still not sure whether to follow it or not? Do you want to know everything there is about this diet, in simple and easy words, without complicate medical jargon?
If so, I’d like to congratulate you.
You have just found the perfect place to get satisfying answers to all those question and walk out with a big smile on your cheeks.
Let’s not waste much more time on this and get to the cheesy meaty of what this article has in store for you.
To make it easier for you, especially if you don’t have the time to go through the whole article, here is an easy to navigate menu for you. Have a look at it and see you in the other side of the river!
What Is The Whole30 Diet?
To better unders what the whole30 diet is, let’s divide it into two parts that make its name; whole and thirty.
If you just take a moment and think about it, you will get the idea behind the whole30 diet.
Basically, it is a diet system that promotes going for a full month, 30 days, eating only whole foods.
For a month, you eat nothing but good and whole foods, like fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, seeds, and nuts.
You basically ditch all the crap out of your plate. You get rid of the carbs, sugars, processed foods and anything that’s classified under as “unhealthy”.
We will come into the foods you can eat and the list of those you better steer away from in a moment.
Is There Any Scientific Proof Supporting This Whole30 Diet Thing?
For this diet system, there is unfortunately no scientific evidence to support its claims. So, what you have to do is to rely heavily on trial and error.
In other words, you need to try it out and see yourself. After all, it is just 30 days. Not a big deal!
Let’s have a look at some of the pros and cons of following the whole thirty diet.
What Are The Benefits Of The Whole30 Diet?
Even if it is not supported by facts and figures, there are a lot of benefits that this whole 30 diet has to offer.
Those are experienced by people who have already gone down that road.
Have a look at a couple of them in the list below:
- You will high levels of energy
- Your sleep will get better.
- Your mood will get better
- Your body will be hydrated throughout the day
- You will feel alert, with a clear mind
- You will start to appreciate the foods you eat more
- You will get rid of cravings, sugar and carbs cravings
- Your weight will drop like crazy
- You will tap into your true power
- Your body will learn what works and what doesn’t
- Your skin will get clearer,
- Your hair will get shinier
- You will finally say bye bye to the idea of dieting, as you will eat as much you want
Those are some of the benefits people following those the diet have experienced. Try it out and see yourself. At first, it will be hard. But once your body accustomed to it, it will become much more easier.
That’s all good. But there are downsides you should take into consideration as well, before you make the decision to go for this diet.
What Are The Disadvantages Of The Whole30 Diet?
- It is very strict and hard to start, let alone stick to.
- You will need to always prepare foods
- You will need to supplement on vitamin D, calcium and many more nutrients, as you will not eat any dairy product
- Again, very hard for the vegetarians to follow. The exclusion of beans and legumes is really hard for them, as they represent one of the main sources of protein for vegetarians.
- It costs a little more. So, if your pocket is a little tight, it may not be the perfect bet for you.
Those are some of the downsides of this diet that make so many people abandon this diet easily. If you feel comfortable going through or all of those, then the diet is for you.
What Foods You Are Allowed To Eat Following The Whole30 Diet?
There are a variety of foods you have all the right to consume when you follow the whole30 diet. Generally, almost all healthy foods are allowed.
But to be specific, here is a list of those:
- Healthy fats
What Foods You Need To Avoid?
And here is a list of foods to get out of your plate to better reap the good benefits this diet has for your health:
As you can tell guys, whole30 diet is super beneficial to the body if you can stick to it. If your willpower though is a little low and your cravings are much more higher, then you will have a hard time with this diet.
Now, what do you guys think about ? Are you convinced to make it part of your life? Let us know in the comment below. We are more than eager to know. Cheers!